Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Okay, so I've been meaning to mention this, but I kept forgetting about it!! LOL Actually, I was gonna mention it it the last loooong post, but thought it might be too much all at once!! LOL :) So, anyways, now that I've got your attention, and you're hanging on in suspense!! LOL :)

About 3 weeks ago, I started to really think about what I would do if something ever happened to King, and I was left to take care of Princess all by myself...now, I know I wouldn't be all by myself, I've got a lot of family around, and a great church family, but taking care of Princess's and my basic personal needs isn't anyone else's responsibility but mine...so I started thinking, maybe I should go back to school? I don't know, should I do daycare or should I go and get my "real" teacher's training/schooling/whatever. So, I didn't mention anything to King about this, it was just one of those things I got to pondering about personally. So, 2 weeks ago, King had clean team with the Pastor's wife, Counselor. She started asking him, out of the blue, if I had a teacher's certificate, or was I certified to run a daycare, or teach or something. After he told me this, I confided in him about what I'd been thinking about, going back to school. So, then the next day after clean team (Sunday) Counselor came up to me (and we don't really talk a lot to each other, on a regular basis, ya know?) Anyways, she sought me out and asked me if I was interested in going back to school to get this training & stuff...nothing mentioned about taking over the church's daycare or whatever (I don't think I'd like to do that), but it was a total confirmation in my spirit, that I need to do this...PLEASE PRAY!! I think I'll wait until after King finishes, or is almost finished with his schooling, or, start slowly...I'm planning on meeting with someone at Sinclair to kinda get a feel for my options with going there, or if I'll have to just suck it up & go to WSU...Because, they have a 5-year teaching program that will give you your Master's when you're done...so, that's what I'm thinkin :) But, again, PLEASE PRAY!!! A lot needs to happen before I even apply, and I have no idea what to do with Princess...I'd hate to put her in daycare...I've worked daycare, and I don't want that for her...blah blah blah...It's just been weighing heavily on my mind lately :) I would LOVE to be a teacher, and, really, for being a Mom, you couldn't ask for a better schedule, ya know? Anyways...

Today was also a big day for me :) I signed up at the gym (same as Missy, only a different location, there's one less than 10min from me :)) Anyways, I got started right away :) I liked the lady that helped me and taught me the "ropes" she was really sweet, and it went by really fast as far as the treadmill because of the TV's that were a distraction from the clock :) I'd like to do the eliptical, I think I might enjoy that better, but today was the treadmill...And when TOM is gone, I will take FULL advantage of the pools & hot tub!! And, I might even start tanning tomorrow :) It wasn't too crowded while I was there early today, but it was getting more steady the later it got...Oh, and Princess LOVED playing with the "kids"!! LOL :) She wasn't too keen on it at first, but then she was like, "Oh, there's the play kitchen!!" LOL :) She didn't actually say that, but that was the look on her face...After I said, "Be right back, give me a hug" she was fine...

I'd better go...I'm really tired (must be the extra activity today!! LOL) I do plan on going back tomorrow :) I'd like to catch a cardio sculpting class (with the hand weights, kinda like the FIRM) sometime, but for now, I'll stick to the machines, and the pool :)

Okay, talk to ya later :) Hope you're having a GREAT week!! :)

Image hosting by Photobucket

5 comments:

Sara said...

I think it's great if you decide to go back to school. Praying about that for you! Congrats on joining the gym!

Kelley said...

I love the new look to your journal! Good luck with the school thing. I sense that God is really trying to speak to you in some way....listen! Lots of Love!

SunnySusan said...

God seems like He is setting stuff up for you, huh. Take it slow and easy and follow His lead. How exciting for you and your family.

Good going on signing up for the gym

Missy said...

So cool that you joined the gym! We will have to go together sometime...either up in your neck of the woods...or down in mine! It is fun...and makes you feel better!!!! Glad that Princess did fine. FAB still cries when I leave her..but doesn't want to leave when I pick her up!

Praying about the teaching thing. That is cool the way that God really spoke to you about all of this. Just goes to show that He is working/talking to us...we just have to be open to it.

Love ya!!! And you would make a GREAT teacher!!!!

Jodi said...

ok...so I'm beginning to think we really do share a brain..because I journaled not too long ago about printing out the info to get my transcripts because I'm thinking of going back to college to...to get my teaching degree too....::cue the Twilight Zone music:: lol...really that's kinda freaky...I haven't made any steps yet though to do so...so you are ahead of me...lol

yay for you joining the gym...and I'm happy that Princess did well in the nursery!