Sunday, December 04, 2005

What a long day...

I went to the loooooongest Baby Shower EVER!! LOL It was just SO long, and kinda dragged, and we didn't really know everyone...it was just kinda weird...Anyways, I'm glad I went, though, because I like the person the shower was for, it was just a little awkward because it was at a fellowship hall (that's what we hicks call the banquet room, or whatever you fancy people call it where the church keeps it's kitchen for things like that, and potlucks and stuff...) Anyways, it was at this church that had kinda split recently, and a lot of people who would've been there before the split weren't, and those are a lot of the people we knew...it was just different...long story, and I don't mean that the honoree had anything to do with the split at all, she doesn't even go there, it was just an awkward kind of day...

I did, however, LOVE the sleeping in this morning!! LOL :) Princess stayed with Mom & Dad last night, and we slept in until around 10a.m.!! :) YAY!! :) That was awesome!! :) Our small group last night was really great, too...If you get the chance, please read "The Blessed Life" by Robert Miller (I think that's his name, I'll have to get back to you on that...I know the last name is right, anyways...) It's just been great. We've got a very diverse group (young & old & in between lol), and it's been great getting to know a few of the new people in our congregation :) I truly believe, also, that this material should be an on-going class or group topic at our church, and King and I agree that we would be more than happy to host it... It's mostly watching a video (only 4 sessions!!), and then group discussion, and then we do prayer requests/prayers...of course, there's always socializing before & after, and that's fun, too...but this material is GREAT!! It's really changed my perspective on not only our finances, tithing, and giving, but has kept the question in my heart, "Who's really first, Mandy?" So, it's been great for me so far :)

I'd better go...it's late, and it's "Church Day" tomorrow :) LOL We were going to go to the Chinese buffet last night, but it kept getting too late, so we're going tomorrow after church :) I LOVE Chinese :)

Hoping you all have a great time of Praise & Worship & Learning & Refreshing tomorrow...Who's really first in your life?

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Sorry about the shower. I'm sure that was odd. And I bet the girl felt odd too. Hope you had a great Sunday worship time! I'm exhausted, so if I write anymore, I might not make any sense! Lots of Love!

Josy said...

When you find that guy's name...let me know! I would love to check that out.