Friday, January 29, 2010

Creative Juices are Flowing...

OK, I have, since I found Design Dazzle, discovered an amazing array of Crafting Blogs. WOWZA!! I am in Creativity Heaven!! I am LOVING all the ideas & how they are making me look at the spaces in my house differently. I am loving seeing women (mostly) taking old things & making them unbelievably new & beautiful!! From Mod Podge, to "Roadkill" finds (I love that term that Beckie @ Infarrantly Creative uses), from party to home decor...I am just LOVING it!!

I believe in my last post, I listed Abbey's room. I have been really thinking about it. I don't want to go too shabby, but I don't want to go too cutesy/character, either. SO, I have some ideas that I think she will love, and won't hopefully, break the bank.

I told her that this year, her Birthday present would be a new room, if she wanted. Well, a newly decorated room. She lit up like a firecracker!! She was so excited!! LOL Nothing to worry about!! HA!! She needs a new chest of drawers, where the drawers actually work. I love the look of her armoire, but the drawers have never really worked right, and they don't pull out smoothly, or push smoothly, either. One of the bottoms has cracked in two, and one drawer has just completely fallen apart. Now, I am sure that if I thought hard enough, I could come up with something, some other use for it, and, actually, something just came to mind...BUT, even if I could use it for her toys or something, she needs a place to put her clothes...

SO. A $40 4-drawer chest is better than a 3 drawer armoire (which I love, btw, don't get me wrong. It's so pretty). So, she's getting one for her Birthday... I told her I would paint her room this spring. ALSO, she needs a quilt/comforter set for her bed. That drives me crazy that she doesn't have one. It's hard to decorate without the fundamentals being there, ya know? So, colors will follow after we pick out a quilt/comforter set. I'm thinking something with a light pink, light aqua blue? We'll see where this hunt leads us...

Something that puts a catch in my planning? M. O. N. E. Y. We're doing it on a shoestring, sister...a very skinny one. You might almost say, transparent!! LOL

I'm trying to muster up some enthusiasm for Steve & my room, but it's just not happening, yet... One room at a time...

Be sure to check out the new links & things in my sidebar. I'm so excited to share this stuff!! Jodi, I can totally see you getting into some of these websites!! There's lots of "shabby"!! :)

OK, PROMISE, pictures next time!! hehehe

1 comment:

Sherry said...

If you ever have any ideas for a bedroom that a boy and a girl share - let me know! I need to redo the kids' room.