Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Okay, so why haven't I ever really checked out Proverbs 31 Ministry before?!?! It's awesome!! A lot of their website stuff isn't free, though, but they have a monthly magazine that was reasonable, and they have a daily email devotional (that's very good, btw) that's free, but to get on their mesg. boards it's $15/year...So, right now, no msg. boards for me, but I am really thinking about the magazine...Oh, they have a big honken conference called "She Speaks" in NC (where they're headquartered), and it's a conference for writers, speakers, and leaders of women's ministries. All of the topics sounded totally awesome & relevant, not just there to fill in the gaps, but when I saw the price tag, I realized why!! LOL It's jam-packed full of info & stuff, but it was almost $500!! That included your hotel room & at least 3 meals I saw, but WOW, that was a sticker shocker...Anyways, that's one of my dreams, to be able to go there one day, because every day I really feel more affirmed that women's ministry is where I'm being led.

If you've never heard of Proverbs 31 Ministries (from now on referred to as P31), here's the link www.proverbs31.org . It's a ministry devoted to women's needs & interests, and most importantly our walks with the Lord. Very interesting stuff, and worth the pop over there to really get a better feel for what they're all about...I was just very impressed with that conference!! :)

Today's been nice & slow. Abbey's napping right now, and in a little bit we'll go to get my eyebrows done. I made some sweet sun tea today (easy as pie, and SO stinkin' good!! :)) Sun tea is the lazy summer way of makin' tea. There's just something so refreshing about it. Maybe it's because I can remember my Mom making it in the summer. You just fill a glass jug full of water, pop in 6-7 (or more if you prefer) iced tea bags, and set it out in the sun for about an hour 1/2 or so, and then sweeten it when you bring it inside. I learned a trick from Paula Deen, though, about that, and really, my Mom probably did it, too, I just don't remember that part. You make a "syrup" so you don't have any "crunch" in your drink. Just boil equal parts sugar to water (really, you're just heating it up to dissolve the sugar), and add it to your freshly sun-brewed tea!! Ahhhhh!! :)

My glass jug (the kind with the push-spout thingy at the bottom) leaks, though, so I had to pour it in my Pampered Chef gallon pitcher with the thing you move up & down to mix it all up with. It's easier to handle, too... I'd like to just get a new glass jug. I had 2 & they both leak...

Wow, how's that for rambling?!?!

I'd better go. I was really on here to find a bee puppet pattern that was cute for VBS, but I can't find anything so far...still looking...I'm starting to think I could make us one that would be cuter than anything I've found so far!! And, I might actually try it!! :)

Talk to ya'll later!! :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

I'm all about sun tea too! I drink my sugar free, though! :)

I've heard of Proverbs 31 ministries, but I've never visited their website, so thanks for the link!

Hope your waxing went well! :)

Sherry said...

I'm going to have to try this sun tea. I've been buying this sweetened tea at Wal-Mart, but it's $3/gallon (and I could drink a gallon a day, it's so good!).

Kelley said...

Some church that we used to attend was big on promoting that ministry. For the life of me, I can't remember which one. lol!

I LOVE suntea. I remember when I was little my babysitter used to make it. It's so awesome!!!! Thanks for reminding me...I'll have to try that again! And YEAH for those pampered chef pitchers!

Lots of Love!