Thursday, June 28, 2007

Great Women's Bible Study

Okay, I hardly ever do titles, but thought I'd pop one up there today :) Today is "Ladie's Bible Study" at my church, and I absolutely LOVE our teacher. She's very sweet, funny, real, and wise. Just a blessing...Anyways, I shared my "God Breeze" story from yesterday, and shared that I'm going to start posting layouts on ebay, and during our prayer time Kathy (the leader/teacher) prayed that God would bless the work of my hands & that He would bless our family financially through them. I thought that was a very wise way of putting it. I know that there are a lot of lay outs on ebay that don't have one single bid, and there may be a busier time for it than others, but I believe this is where God's leading me right now...

Anyways, just praying for continued blessing & wisdom & leading with all that....

So, I told you yesterday there was lots of stuff to share!! :) Well, I'm involved with 2 big planning "committees," if you will, for 2 very important biggies...and I guess you could say 3 because I just remembered something else. The first one is VBS!! I'm a "co" leader, and actually, am doing the skits every night (there are at least 2 every night, 3 the 1st 2 nights!! I'm not an actress!!) Anyways, that's a biggie coming up. I helped "lead" last year, if you'll remember, and it was a lot of fun, but a LOT OF WORK!! I think we've got more of a handle on it this year, though, actually, because we've been meeting once a week the last 3 weeks (at McD's since we both had our kids, and we shut down/were run out of the playlands all 3 times!! LOL). Anyways, these weekly meetings have been helpful in keeping us on track, and giving us a "deadline" for certain things to be done. It's going to be very cute, btw!! It's all about bugs!! :)

Then, #2 is our Women's Retreat in October, and we've been meeting every 2 weeks (at least 2x's a month) to gear up & get ready for that. We're actually basing the theme & talks on Sheila Walsh's book "I'm Not Wonderwoman, but God Made Me Wonderful." It was amazing at that first meeting, we got to talking, and comparing notes, and the themes of that book was exactly what we were talking about. So, that was another God Breeze!! :) It's always neat to see how God works & speaks to us about stuff...

And, #3 I just forgot about is our PraiseFest '07. That's in September, and I still haven't heard very many details...But I'm not "in charge" of that...

Anyways, so, busy, busy, busy...Oh, and have I mentioned that we're also thinking on homeschooling Abbey? Yeah, I'm crazy!! LOL No, I really have been impressed with everything I've read about it so far...Lisa Welchel (no, I do not just read books by her & Sheila Walsh!! LOL) has a book called "So, You're Thinking About Homeschooling" and it was an excellent read. It prompted me to read her book "Creative Correction" or something like that. And, THAT has been a GOD SEND!! I can already see how it's working on me & Abbey, both. Anyways, 2 VERY GOOD reads, even if you're not really into wanting to or finding out about homeschooling. I love what it said about "socialization." You'll have to read it to understand!! LOL

So, lots of pondering in our hearts around here, and a lot of trying new methods of disciplining our 3-year-old Diva...And, lots of meetings!! LOL I even met my friend Amy @ Live.Love.Scrap. last Saturday for a free cropping day, and we had a BLAST!! It was some VERY MUCH NEEDED girl time & sharing...for both of us!! :) I just love getting together with her, though...

Anyways, I'd better go...Steve expects me to make dinner out of nothing!! LOL ;) j/k :)

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Oh My...two days in a row!?!?! I love the fact that you are so involved in church. You're a good one to be on those teams...you're such a hard worker and have such a great spirit about you!

Lots of Love!

Sara said...

Wow! Lots of decisions to be made, huh? Well, I applaud you doing so much at church and then thinking of homeschooling at that! Lots of thoughts and prayers being sent your way!

Have a great weekend! Love ya!

Sherry said...

Okay, love, love love the new look! I think summery watermelon when I open your page! (Am I supposed to?)

Homeschoolers have my deep admiration. I don't know how they do it, but if I could just borrow the organization and patience that they have in their pinky finger alone...

I can't wait to hear more about all that you're involved in! It sounds like God's work is good!

ADasa said...

Hey Mandy, missin' ya!! I've been thinking about you and came to take a peak at your blog. Exciting 'God moment' -- hope it works out for you. You've definately got artistic talent. And if you ever need info/advice/help re: homeschooling, I've got 14 years under my belt! About the above message about how homeschoolers do it? Only by the grace and help of the Lord! Just like you teach your daughter what's right and wrong, we go on and teach math and writing too. And patience doesn't come naturally -- I was not a very patient person at all, but the Lord has been molding me through the years (and I'm still not 'there' yet!). DS18 just graduated from gr. 12. We started in K4 with him in 1993. Time flies! If you had of told me that we'd homeschool all the way through I would have laughed so hard, but that's what we did. God is good! I wouldn't trade those days for anything. Dawn

ADasa said...

Our blog links:

http://bywisdomahouseisbuilt.blogspot.com/

http://entirelyforhim.blogspot.com/