Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Tuesday, ya'll!! I realize that 2 posts within one week will probably shock some of you, but I have a few minutes, and thought I'd come here :)

So, Jodi mentioned that I didn't blog about the Fox45 "Sing for your Seats" contest that Steve is currently participating in!! And, I had a real "DUH" moment!! LOL I did totally forget about mentioning that...and I didn't mention my birthday, either...it was May 6th, so a little over a week ago...it was VERY nice :) I got lots of birthday money!! :) So, look out live.love.scrap!! :) LOL Or Hobby Lobby...I'll have to do some comparison shopping so as not to waste any of my birthday money!! LOL

Although, I'm kinda waiting until we hear about this whole Sing for Your Seats thing!! LOL I might need some shopping money in Hollywood!! :) LOL They will announce the winner tomorrow morning on Fox45 during the news...

I don't think the "results" are very true. Either that, or we're underestimating how many other voters there are...All the percentages don't add up to 100 either, so that's what's leading us to believe those are "you'd better vote more" numbers!! LOL Although, that'll stink for the gal that's showing to be in the lead for so long...To think you're winning because of those #'s, and then to not would be a big let down...

So, enough about that...I will share with you tomorrow whether we win or not!! LOL

Oh, something funny, though. This morning they showed all the karaokers on the morning news!! LOL Steve about died!!!!! Bless his heart, I think he turned 12 shades of pink!! LOL

I can't believe I don't really have a big honken commitment at church right now!! LOL Right after the first luncheon we did, we scheduled the Mother/Daughter thing, so I always had something looming over my head, ya know? Well, we probably won't have anything like that until the fall, and maybe not even that, because we'll have our Women's Retreat in Sept. or Oct. or something like that... But I am involved with that...to what extent, I really don't know right now, but we're having a meeting pretty soon. I think the other gal in charge of this thing is kinda like me where I like to know what's expected of me way in advance. We'll be having a meeting along those lines pretty soon...

Oh, we will be having other stuff going on for the ladies in between there, though. In June we're having another of those Chick Flick nights!! Ya'll, that was so much fun, and went over SO well!! :) It was just a great time, and there was MAINLY great feedback!! :) And, in July or August one, I'd like to set up a Ladies' Excursion to Jeffersonville Outlet. I LOVE Jeffersonville outlet, and don't get to go very often. I thought it'd be fun to caravan up there & spend the day shopping together & stuff. No stiff itinerary or anything, but have meeting times & places set up throughout the day to touch base with everyone...

There are lots of ideas runnin' around in this crazy head of mine!! LOL That would be fun to do closer to Christmas, too...sorry, thinking as I type...

Can you tell one of my passions right now is Women's Ministry? I've really had a burden for that, and things have just kinda fallen into place. Again, if there's something in your life that you've been hem-hawing about doing because you're afraid of the outcome...just do it!! :) Obedience is awesome!! And, what a way of outwardly expressing our faith!! :) I heard a cool quote from David Crowder (now, he's not one of my favorite singers, but all his lyrics have always spoken to me, ya know?) Anyways, he said he's not really afraid to take risks...He says God is SO much bigger than our mistakes...there's nothing too big for Him to handle!! :) I'd never thought of it that way. We mess up all the time, and looking back over my life, there's nothing that He's used against me. His plans are to prosper us, not to harm us...And, when we mess up, DaddyGod is always bigger than our mistakes...There's nothing He can't handle...

Now, I'm not talking about going out & doing street drugs & praying for the best to happen. I'm pretty sure regular readers of this blog would understand that, but if you're new, there are "calculated risks," and that's what I'm talking about. But, if you find yourself in the pit, Jesus can reach down & pull you out, dude. But, you're gonna have to put out your hand, too.

Alright, that's all I've got for today, chicas. I'm in a really wierd word mood right now, can ya tell? How many times do I really use the word "dude"? LOL I would never use it in my "speaking" voice, as Jodi talked about on her blog!! LOL There are words I just reserve for my "written" voice!! LOL

Seriously, better go...I really want to grill out hamburgers tonight...YUM-O!! :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

I really hope you all win, but as you said, that other girl has a big lead, so I hope you can pull through here soon!

I think it's awesome how you're serving in your church with the women's ministry! Obviously you are a big blessing to your church and I hope they realize it!!!! :)

Enjoy your hamburgers! Love ya!

Kelley said...

I really hope ya'll get it! I've voted many times for him....I know you'll be on the edge of your seats for tomorrow's results....let us know!!!!!!

Love it that you are so involved in the women's ministry. God is working through you girlie!!! Stay strong in him....you are an inspiration to me!

Lots of Love!

Sherry said...

Fox45? Should I google that?

Dude, I say dude all the time, dude!