Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I just love that little Tom Turkey up there :)

We got a lot done at church today!! :) It might not look like a lot, but there IS a lot done :) We put together FIVE trees!! 3 for the sanctuary, and 2 for the Narthex & hallway, each special trees for donations and family adoptions (adopt a family, I'm sure you've heard of it...) SO, those are pretty cute :) I wish we had prettier, and MORE trees, actually. I think they really add a festive atmosphere. I would REALLY love it if they would have a Hanging of the Greens service. My "old" church does that, and it's so nice to learn and remember that the Christmas tree isn't just for Santa, it's a symbol of eternal life, and the angel at the top reminds us of the angels visiting the shepherds, and the stars reminding us of wise men who followed it to welcome the Savior, the story behind the candy cane...I could go on and on...I think those things have been lost in the mass marketing of Christmas...

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE all the fun with Santa and cookies, presents, etc... I think that's been evidenced by my last few entrees!! LOL But, there is a balance, and I'm trying hard to keep it!! :)

Well, I'd better go...it's bed time, and I have another full day tomorrow :) I'd like to get this house straightened up, and I'd like to make my way over to the church and finish putting lights up on the trees in the sanctuary. Also, I'd like to start working on the bulletin board...but that's a whole different story, and

3 comments:

Kelley said...

And they have a bed made up for you at the church building, right? Because you spend so much time there! LOL! Hope you have a great day tomorrow! You need to get pictures of the trees! Lots of Love!

Jodi said...

Our church is having a "Hanging of the Greens" service on Sunday evening..I've never been to one...and after reading your journal..I'm excited about it! lol...I'm atually singing in it "There's a Song in the Air"...and husband is hanging a wreath up...it should be neato...

anywho...I like your journal...and I don't know much about the html mumbo jumbo...lol..it's all experimenting...if I figure out the link thingy...I'll link a few sites that are very helpful with html...in the meantime...have fun experimenting! You are doing a great job!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sara said...

Glad you got a lot done at church! I agree with HBM...do they have a cot or something you sleep on? Hope you have a good day! Love ya!