Thursday, October 04, 2007

So, it's been a few weeks since my big announcement, huh?!?! LOL :) Busy busy busy, and sick sick sick, and tired tired tired...but I'm still pregnant!! :)

I went to the dr. 2 weeks ago, I think...I've lost track of the days...it could've only been a week ago...Okay, so I think not quite 2 weeks, but whatever, you get the picture...First thing she said when she walked in the door was, "Well, you didn't even get to track one cycle, did you?!?!" LOL We got to work right away after my initial visit with her about "trying." (hehehe) Well, she did an ultrasound because since I just went off the pills, we weren't entirely sure exactly when "it" happened...According to my record keeping, though, my LMP was Aug. 13 (the first day of VBS!! OF COURSE!!), but with the whole pill thing & weird cycle thing (that's why I was on the pills in the first place), she did an ultrasound to be "sure" as to how far along I am...Well, according to the ultrasound (and I saw little one's heart fluttering!! VERY reassuring for me!!), I was 3 days off on my personal "calculations" according to the Aug. 13th date...Are you following me? So, instead of being due on May 19th as I had originally thought, I'm not due until May 22nd...I'm cool with 3 days off...With my 1st pregnancy, some of you may remember (Missy & Jodi) that was the year we all went to the Smokies & stayed together...Well, that week I thought I was 12 weeks along, but when we got back, and I had an ultrasound, they said that I was only 9 weeks along, or so...That was a MAJOR difference in timelines...that means, really, when I first took those pregnancy tests, that they were wrong, because according to that timeline, it hadn't even happened yet. SO, to end this long explanation, I'm OK with 3 days...if it had been longer than a week, I would be worried...

So, as I'm typing this, I'm feeling guilty that I'm not writing my session talk for our Women's retreat...It's at the end of the month, and I'm getting a little nervous about sharing my "junk." I share my junk here with you all all the time...it's just different face-to-face...Maybe they'll let me do a power point presentation of my blog?!?! LOL

Women's Retreat theme is based off of Sheila Walsh's book "I'm Not Wonder Woman~But God Made Me Wonderful!" VERY cute theme, and VERY VERY good book. We divided the chapters up into sections for the different sessions we have set up, divvied out the sessions to women in our congregation who were willing to speak, and we're supposed to base our talk on our personal experiences & relate it to the book chapters we were assigned (okay, that sounds complicated, but it really isn't)...

I'm looking forward to that weekend...

ANYWAYS, not that you all want to hear more about my church...there are just lots of things going through my head right now that have to do with church "junk"...

Steve has Monday off, and I think we're going to Fulton Farms to get A pumpkin...Sam's club has pumpkins really cheap, so we'll get more there if we want more, but it's always more fun to "pick 'em from the patch" at an actual farm where they were actually raised...Great pictures, too...

I want a bail of straw, pumpkins, and my scarecrow out by this weekend!! :) I LOVE FALL!! :)

I've been cRaViNg pumpkin pie, lately!! So, we finally just bought one last night at Kroger...it was lip-smackingly-delicious!! :) I've been watching too much Noggin...

Okay, better go...I've gotta do a grocery run today so we can actually eat, and I think Abbey & I are going to have lunch at McD's...I've also been cRaViNg Diet Coke, and we've been out for a while...

Talk to ya'll later!! :) Love ya!! :)

4 comments:

Sara said...

I've been thinking about you a lot and waiting to hear more! Glad you and the baby are doing okay!

I totally understand your Women's thing with that book. That's a great idea. I really like Sheila Walsh. I'll have to look for that book.

I'm with you on getting my house decked out. The inside of my house has had fall stuff up for a month now, but I need to get my pumpkins! Have fun this weekend! Love ya!

Kelley said...

We're going to the pumpkin patch this weekend! You need to take pictures of your fall setup....your entire family decorates so cool. I'm like "here's a pumpkin...get over it". lol!

You are hilarious! I don't even know when I'm pregnant because my cycles are so out of whack. I couldn't have told the doctor EVER when we really "got pregnant"...you're great! lol!

Glad you wrote. I was looking forward to hearing how you're doing! Lots of Love!

Missy said...

Yeah for seeing the heartbeat!!!! I know that was a huge relief for you. I think about you often...and pray for you lots! So, glad you updated!

Your Women's Retreat sounds fun! So great that you have done such a great job of organizing that! We all need our Girlfriends!

Yummm...pumpkin pie does sound yummy! I want to go to a pumpkin farm too...but I was hoping to do it in some COOL weather! I might have to just suck it up and go when it is hot. Just not the same!

Love ya!!! And see you on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mandy! I've been thinking about you lately and thought I'd pop by -- what great news! Keep in mind that ultrasounds just base their calculations on the size of the baby -- so your dates could be exactly right! I was always told that I was farther along yet when it came time to deliver, I wasn't. D