Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Don't click away so fast!! It's me!! And, I'm here to give you an update!! LOL :)

I know it's been well over a month, I know, and I feel really bad about that...I've just been in a funky anti-computer mode lately. I don't know why, just not a whole lot of time to get online...

So, lots of things have been happening!! :) I think I shared that book "Chick Flicks" with you all, right? Well, we had our first Chick Flick this past Friday night, and it was AWESOME!! :) The ladies (for the most part) REALLY enjoyed it!! The fellowship was awesome, and everyone was so enthusiastic about it all and about getting together more!! Just so exciting!! :) Isn't that how He blesses us, though, when we obey?! I was all afraid & insecure about nothing!! I've kinda realized that it's so arrogant to be afraid of obeying God, like in my disobedience I'm saying, "God, you have no idea what you're doing..." Little insignificant me thinking I know more than God!! And, I'm not insignificant, because HE makes me a somebody!! Just for clarification!! LOL

So, anyways, I highly recommend the Chick Flicks Dinner & A Movie curric. It's by a Christian publisher called Group's (check out their website, I might've shared it before, I don't remember), but there are LOTS of resources there, a lot to buy, but especially for kiddos, there's some free ideas (crafts & such). Anyways, VERY neat website to just open your eyes to the possibilities of ministry, ya know?

There was an incident that night. After the movie, a lady spoke up about being offended by the language in the movie (VERY mild compared to some movies...if you've ever seen While You Were Sleeping, you might not even remember it's in there...) Anyways, she wasn't just mild about being offended, but it came off very SR (self-righteous), and even though at first I was discouraged, I felt no condemnation from the Lord, you know? I felt bad that she felt offended, and in the future, we'll put the rating, and why, for each movie we do on the invitation, but you can't please all the people all the time. Plus, this particular person has a heck of a lot else going on in her life right now, I really felt it was a matter of time before she complained about something, you know? She's really going through a terrible time with her daughter & grandson (very complicated) and I think her misery was just channeled through something else, you know? Anyways, I see no reason to alter these movies, because everyone's seen them a thousand times before on their own, and just because you're seeing it with "church people" doesn't mean you should get the bleeper out, ya know? Movies like Fried Green Tomatoes, Steel Magnolias, 13 Going on 30, The Princess Bride, etc... These are well-known movies, ya know? People should know what they're coming to see!!

*Off Soap Box*

Okay, and onto AI Ramblings...

First of all, let me mention how ridiculous I think that crying Sanjaya fan was...and what made it even more ridiculous was all the press that got...Seriously!! Was it a slow news week, or what?!?! Get a LIFE!! And, if that wasn't enough, she was quoted as saying, "Sanjaya's phenomenal!" Uh, yeah, phenomenally BAD! He gives me the creeps...that smile is weird...

Okay, here are my favorites...LaKisha (KiKi!! LOL), Melinda, Phil, Blake, and Jordin's growing on me...She has steadily gotten better each week. I have to say, though, my prediction for tomorrow night is that Haley's gone. It SHOULD be Sanjaya, but I think the crying 9 year olds will keep him in for a "Chicken Little" repeat. I can only hope that as the competition gets slimmer, the 9 year olds will be ganged up on because everyone else will "re-distribute" their votes...That's my prediction...

Tonight, I didn't get the Gwen Stafani & theme...What was the theme, exactly? Sting? Stefani? Disco? I pretty much agreed with everything Simon said, too. You've got to admit, he's usually right on the money.

*End AI Ramblings*

Katie turned ONE on Friday (23rd)!! Can you believe it?!?! I can't believe it's been a year already!! Her party was Saturday, and went really well, although Chelle's glad it's over!! So am I!! LOL I helped her a lot last week, getting things ready...Then I pretty much decorated for her on Saturday. It was good to see so many friends & family in one place...although her In-Laws...well, they're just different from our family...Chelle's frustration with her inlaws was really close to the surface, too, on Saturday, especially before people started coming, and I'm sure she was glad to see them go. At least they didn't stay the night!!

I've been scrapbooking & reading, and today HAD to do laundry. My goal was to get all my towels caught up (I feel like all I do is wash towels...sometimes Steve goes through 2 a day!!), and then start on my Mt. Rushmore of Clothes...

I'm thinking of trying a few more scrapbooking things on ebay...I don't know how it'll go. I still feel that whatever home business thing I do is something to do with scrapbooking. Just waiting for the Lord to show me the direction...

I'd better go...I feel like I'm failing at getting Abbey to bed at night. It's almost always a fight, and I have no idea how to stop it. I'm going a little (okay, a LOT) crazy!!!!!! And, for the record, movies don't work!! LOL We've tried, and she'll keep herself awake to watch them unless she's utterly exhausted. So, any advice?

I promise, I won't take so long between posts this time :) I've been lurking when I can, but even then, not much...

Okay, love you guys!!

4 comments:

Kelley said...

I love the new journal look...and I'm glad you're back. Pita Pocket is the SAME way when it comes to watching movies. We just finally had to say "you get to watch a movie and then you go to sleep on your own". That actually has worked, but you know how that goes...what works for one doesn't work for another.

Glad the movie thing went well. I'll have to check out the website. Is it groups.com? We're still looking for things for our women's ministry. It's going waaaaayyy tooooo sllooooowwwwwww for me. Oh well, it's not all about me, is it?

Don't let it take too long between posts....we miss you!

Lots of Love!

Missy said...

Hey! I also love the look of your journal! I wish I could do stuff like that!

The party was fun....just a lot of people! But that is how all of our parties are! :) I love to visit with everyone....just wish we could've talked more! Mandy had a good idea that we should all (the girls) get together and go out to karoke one night! That would be fun!

Anyways...I feel for Chelle..but at least his sister is moving out! That should help alleviate some of the stress. But I didn't know about Matt's job until after the party. Poor Chelle! She really did have a stressful week last week!!!!!

Yeah...on the whole bed thing. Faith Anne doesn't always fall asleep during the movie. We just turn it off when it is over and sometimes she throws a fit, but we always sing to her and say prayers. So, that helps sometimes too!

Missed you....we really do need to get together soon! Love ya!!!!

Sara said...

Ditto to what Kelley and Missy said about the graphics. Looks good!!! I've missed you! Sounds like you've been very busy! I can't believe Katie's 1. I kept thinking she was a lot younger than my Abby but I guess only by a few months. You need to post a pic!

I'm glad your Chick Flick party went well! That lady will get over it! I'm glad you didn't let that get you down!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back again! Was wondering where you were. D