Saturday, June 04, 2011

Homeschool Home Stretch...


In my life this week…We are in the home stretch! We have our assessment scheduled for next Tuesday the 14th… I am trying to keep calm about everything, but I waffle back & forth between “I can DO this!” and “What was I thinking?!?!” Thankfully, I’ve hopped back into my book “Super Homeschool Mom… NOT!” & that has been encouraging & keeping it real for me… Yet, my perfectionism still rears it’s ugly head & that’s what I’m battling.

In our homeschool this week… We have pretty much finished our Spring Surprises unit study. That is part of a series of Download N’ Go by Amanda Bennett that we have been doing this year. We started with Autumn Treasures, continued with Winter Wonders, and are almost finished! Explode the Code… almost finished!! One more lesson in 2 ½, and some post-tests, and we’re done! I want her to finish her Map Quest workbook, too, so we can officially wrap things up & “get our summer on!”

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… This week we celebrated Memorial Day with my parents & my Grandma & Uncle. The kiddos got to play in Dad’s sprinkler (Eli called it “Papa’s pool” lol) and we made a trip to the cemetery.

My favorite thing this week was… How well the week seemed to go while actually doing school work! HAHA It was a great week & we got a lot accomplished. I am starting to see the fruit of not losing my temper patience, and using a gentle, quiet voice. PLEASE DON’T MISUNDERSTAND!! I do NOT mean that I never yelled raised my voice, but I did notice a difference in my attitude this week. That’s what spending time in the Word will do for a gal!

What’s working/not working for us… Setting a no-distraction/no TV/no appointments policy this week, and really & truly devoting an allotted time JUST for school. This sounds like it should happen naturally in a homeschool, but, um, yeah, it doesn’t. Life DOES get in the way, and sometimes the importance of saying, “NO” to these things can get underestimated. Just sayin…

Questions/thoughts I have… Does anyone know if Math-U-See EVER goes on sale?!?!?! Seriously!! Even ebay is pricey!! Ugh…

Things I’m working on… Patience…

Books I’m reading… Super Homeschool Mom… NOT! I LOVE IT... Again, just sayin...

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”[c] Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.

Philippians 2: 14-16

No comments: