Thursday, February 18, 2010

Feelin' Crafty

We are FINALLY having Abbey's 6th Birthday Slumber Party this Friday night (and, depending on when you read this, that means tomorrow!! HA!!). We've had to postpone it for 2 weeks because of snow, illness, snow, illness, snow, and, oh yeah, illness. SO this is the weekend!!

Now, my house isn't completely ready, but I thought I'd share with you just a sneak peek of the transformation that's been going on here for, um, 2 weeks!! LOL



You can find directions for making these pom-poms here.



Please forgive the feather duster...we are in the middle of participating in Flylady's Winter Olympics, and that is our "torch." But you get the idea!! :) That is the wall behind our dinner/school/crafting table in the kitchen. I had originally thought to just let the table cloths hang, but then I had a revelation!! LOL Why not pucker or gather the table cloth to make it more interesting. Abbey loves it!! I also decided to add fish, and not get too into perfectionism. I just cut an obviously basic fish shape out of cute scrapbooking paper, and inked the edges (that's my thing...I LOVE inking ANYTHING!!). But, I have to say, my friend Hazel suggested the fish. She had her son a Spongebob party & had streamers on her walls (like waves) with die cut fish tucked in!! CUTE :)



Just a close-up. I promise it looks neater in person!! HA!! :)



This is one of my favorite ideas for the party. I first saw this idea @ The CrEaTiVe CraTe, who first saw it at Mod Podge Rocks!! LOL Totally cool blogs, and to my Brain Twin Jodi, you will get addicted. I kinda put my own flair to it, though. I added the tag that already had a ring (so I didn't have to buy jump rings in the jewelry department...but I might at a later date when I make 'em for gifts). I am also LOVING this teal paint I bought at Hobby Lobby!!



Finished projects...didn't turn out too bad, huh? I'm loving the polka dots!! And, I am happy whenever I can cross scrapbooking with anything else!! LOL The plan for the jewelry, btw, is to have the girls add self-adhesive rhinestones to them after each game/activity we do. So they'll all have something to wear that's the same...and girls are into that at this age, ya know?



And, what party wouldn't be complete without a treat bag? These are buckets I got at Target for $1 each, are filled with stuff I've been collecting since right after Christmas, and since there were only 4 other girls, I might've stepped up the ante on what's inside!! LOL But each bag was under $5 to make & fill, so that's still not bad, right? I wouldn't do it for a party of more than that, but you know what I mean. I carried out the monogrammed theme with the buckets, too. Did you notice? LOL

I know, there is something seriously wrong with me, right? I've just been needing an excuse to get crafty, especially after I've found all those fabulous crafting/scrapping/diy blogs!! I might be becoming a blog stalker!! LOL

Love ya!! Gotta get back & finish up...oh, yeah, and get the rest of the house ready!! hehehe

5 comments:

Sara said...

Looks awesome! You are certainly a crafty one and I wish I had that gift! I hope Abbey has a wonderful party!!!! :)

DJ's Mama said...

It looks awesome.. I may have to have you help me with DJ's third party next year.. you are so creative and crafty.

Kelley said...

I wish I had a girl so I could do that kind of cutesy stuff! :)

Infarrantly Creative said...

You comment made me say..."YES, If I can do it anyone can. I am not anything special I promise. Get out there and start painting, it transforms stuff!

Kristi Flanagan said...

Love the little necklaces - so cute!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions