Saturday, April 12, 2008

So, how've you been? LOL :) I've been great...Today some ladies at church threw me a Baby Boy Shower & it was a lot of fun!! :) There was really a good turn-out, and Baby Boy got LOTS of clothes & accessories!! Now, we've got to work on fitting it all in here somewhere...

Speaking of, I am getting a little overwhelmed with how close we're cutting this being ready for baby thing. His room doesn't look much different, even after Chelle & I (and Mom, too) have worked in that bedroom...I guess it's just getting a bunch of that stuff out of there & I can't do that without Steve's & AmVet's help...And, thank goodness, Tuesday is the 15th & Steve will have a lot more time to help me out with that...PLUS, we have to get a crib & dresser/changing table SOON, too, because as of right now, all we've got's a port-a-crib (which won't be bad for the first few nights in our room, but I didn't keep Abbey in our room very long, because I was too attentive to every little sound she made instead of sleeping when she slept...but for me, the first few nights are with us...and that port-a-crib will be a good fit in here...if we can also get our room together before he gets here...OH, and there's another thing...this baby boy doesn't have a name, yet, either!! We're thinking Eli or Ethan, but are having trouble with a middle name(s) for him...Sometimes we like Eli better, sometimes Ethan...Abbey's decided it's Ethan, but I'm still not so sure...

So, I thought I had all this time to figure this stuff out, but now I'm starting to really feel the time crunch...because to tell you the truth, I don't see me going until my due date...I think Dr. H will want to induce him early, especially after my next ultrasound (April 30th)...But that's just my guess...She's also wanting to see me every week already, instead of every-other, so there's my next clue...I'm going to ask her about that next time, though...

Next weekend is the family Baby Boy shower!! :) I'm excited!! :) Hopefully we'll have made some more headway in the baby room front to have room to put all his little clothes that's starting to accumulate :) There are a few pieces of furniture in there that, once out of there, will make things feel more accomplished, ya know? My hope chest is going to Chelle's basement (storage), the big honken bookcase is going into the garage for more shelving storage out there (maybe for my crafts?), and Abbey's toddler bed is going to Matt & Chelle's for Katie Lynne to start using soon...Once those things are out of there, we can rearrange & add in the baby bed & dresser/changing table & get that room set up for Baby Whatshisname...

Oh, I forgot to mention that a few ladies at church got me some "just Mommy" gifts along with their baby gifts, and that was SO nice!! :) VERY NICE Bath & Body Works spa slippers (which will be a must in the hospital!!), some bath salts & pampering masks & foot scrubs, just nice stuff that was extra special Mommy stuff...Oh, and a few ladies gave Abbey some presents, too...I thought that was very sweet...

I'd better go...Abbey went with Mom after the shower & Steve's working at Block (ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS!! WOOHOO!!), but I think we're doing Marion's Pizza for dinner, and I need to get moving a little here...I've been looking for one of Abbey's brown shoes that just seem to have disappeared...and I'm getting tired of looking...Who knows where that shoe is...

Love you all! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy!! I've been thinking about you and thought I'd pop by to see if you've posted -- yah! Congrats on baby BOY!! I've been wondering how your pregnancy was going. Glad all is well!!! Can't wait to see pics. I bet you're excited! D

Kelley said...

That is so sweet of them to throw you a baby boy shower.....and get mommy gifts too!

I know you'll be glad when the Block is over with. Now you can totally focus on the baby! I love Eli and Ethan. Those are beautiful names!

Lots of Love!

Jodi said...

Ethan Alexander? We'll just call him Baby E for now... lol I love both those names... if Jimmie were here he'd pick Eli because that was the first name of Eli McCormick who had something to do with early tractor inventions. I think he invented like the corn picker or something. We actually stopped on the way to Virginia Beach and saw where Eli McCormick lived and farmed...

anyways... love the names and I'll be saying prayers for you!

btw... mom calls the "Green Stuff" Green Jello... and I'm glad someone likes it! lol cuz I never really cared for it... I just can't eat cottage cheese no matter what ya do to it... I think it's the texture or something... cottage cheese is one of those foods that seems so refreshing to me and I'd like to like it but I can't...

wow I'm in a rambling mood huh... glad ya journaled! Good luck with the room! I can't wait to see how ya paint and decorate baby E's room!

Eli sounds better with your last name... umm Eli McCormick, Eli Joseph, Eli Stephen...what's Steve's middle name? huh... it's fun to think of names...

ok bye

Sara said...

If it makes you feel better, you're way ahead of me in the baby's room department. Our baby boy doesn't even have a room yet. We only have a 2 bedroom house, so he's going to have to share with Abby, which I dread, but what can you do when you can't afford to move right now???? Glad you got a shower, though! That's so nice!

Block's over today! Yippee!