Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hey, Everyone!! :) So, since I've started back to counting points again, I've lost 8.2lbs!! :) That's in 3 weeks!! :) YAY!! So, kinda slow, but I know that's the healthy way...plus, I haven't been going to the gym, that's straight water & eating numbers...SO...

VBS went GREAT!! I wish I had a picture to share with you, but our camera is broken...actually, it's the battery door that's broken, so it won't stay on without holding it HARD...a pain...bummer, too, cause I love to take pictures...

Our VBS numbers were down this year, we think it's because it was pretty late in the summer...SO, we'll know for next year. We're hoping for a July VBS next year...and we've already scoped out the materials...After fitting this one together piece by piece, I asked Traci, my partner in crime, "Um, next year, can we, um, buy a kit?" LOL The next day she got a thing in the mail (at church) for a LifeWay VBS 2008 Conference in Nashville, TN in January...and our Youth Minister said, yes, we could go, and the youth fund would pay for our conference fees (not room & board while we're there, but he said they might take up a collection closer to time to go towards that...) Anyways, isn't that AWESOME?!?! That might not be a big deal to some of you all, but our church isn't doing great financially (there are issues from the past that are "haunting" us today...the "founding preacher" & all that...) Anyways, the not so funny joke is, whoever leads a ministry is in charge of paying for it...out of pocket...There just doesn't seem to be enough to go around after Pastor's paid (and he's barely paid, really, imo) and the bills are paid...So, this VBS thing, to me, is a big deal!! LOL :)

I'm thinking that for the next few women's things, we'll have to start charging a little. This also means that you get a better turn out because they're literally invested!! I hadn't thought about it that way, but it makes sense. Whatever surplus there may be leftover, we could plug it into the Women's Retreat fund. Women's Retreat is fun...and is gonna be fun this year :)

I just got to listen to Chuck Swindol a little on the radio this afternoon, and he was talking about churches taking collections for different things, not just tithes. He said it's absolutely Biblical to do this because God Himself instructed Moses to take a collection from the Israelites when they left Egypt. Gold, Silver, Bronze, purple cloth, grains, etc... I hadn't thought of it that way, but that's exactly what He told them to do. They had a specific need & took up a collection for it. Now, that's all I heard, and there may be more to the story. Just typing that out I know that there is still an issue of being a good steward with our funds & relying on God to fulfill all our needs. And, having said that, don't you think He fulfills those with special offerings?

Okay, enough about that...

I watched Katie for Chelle this morning/afternoon...That girl is at such a fun age right now!! She's starting to say words, and makes all kinds of silly faces, she's just a hoot. I felt brave, and needed laundry detergent!! LOL, and carted both of them with me to Target. We had fun!! We also ate lunch there, and things went very smoothly, I thought...by the time we got home, they were both ready for a nap, so that was good timing, too. I finally got to clean the bathroom!! What an exciting life I lead!! :) LOL

I had a dr's apt. this past Monday with Dr. Hemmelgarn...no, we're not pregnant...yet!! :) I can't believe it...I'm off my pills, so we'll see what happens. She said she'd give me until Thanksgiving to see what my cycles are going to do, and if they're not regular, then she's starting me on Clomid...Missy, funny, she said, "You've been on Clomid before, right?" LOL I said, "Um, no, but my cousin Missy has!" LOL Funny how they get us confused still...

SO, prayers for that, please? Not just getting pregnant...but a HEALTHY FULL-TERM & HEALTHY BABY pregnancy...On some ttc message boards I've frequented before, they ended every post with "baby dust" & some .-*-.-*-. thing...anyways, I've got a blinkie somewhere that blinks "TTC" I'll have to find...I don't want to get "baby dust" on someone who doesn't WANT baby dust!! LOL :) Actually, it's nothing like "dust" if you ask me...but I'm getting gross...

On that wonderful note!! HAHA!! :)

Love you all...

3 comments:

Missy said...

I know that we look alike, but I don't think we look that much alike! But I take it as a compliment to be confused with you!!! Good luck with that! It is about time for my annual with Dr. H.....my how I HATE those things. Praying.....

Glad that VBS went well...I was praying for you! Hopefully you have a bit of a break before your next big thing!

Hey....maybe you should come to our church's overnight women's retreat in October (don't know the date off the top of my head) and get ideas for your retreat! Just a thought...and wouldn't that be fun!

Well, glad you updated..I miss you when you don't post for a while!

Love ya!

Kelley said...

I had to read your last paragraph twice! You crack me up! lol!

Sorry about some past problems haunting ya'll at church. I'm glad that people are stepping up though. It's hard when you have to pay for it yourself. And there is no problem in making people pay for things. I think it was $25 or so for the retreat up at Bethany two years ago and there was a great turnout. And Missy's right...go and get some ideas. That would be fun!

Lots of Love!

Sara said...

You crack me up about your baby dust! LOL. I hope you all can get pregnant and have a healthy, full-term, baby! I'll be praying!

I did think your VBS was kind of late, so maybe that's why there wasn't as good of a turnout as you wanted. At least you'll get some good ideas for next year!!!!

Great job on the weight loss too! Love ya!